Friday, September 4, 2009

A wordsmith for the times


I pledge to be the voice for those that “really” have no voice. To consider myself an American, not a conservative or a liberal American. To always find the truth in everything even if it’s not so pretty or popular. I pledge to stand corrected if ever I am wrong as the teacher is also the student and the student is also a teacher. I pledge to be the change “I” wish to see and not the change of another man. I pledge that in one hand I hold a pen, in the other I hold a white rose, in my heart I hold the ink and in my soul I hold a voice that will not be silenced. I pledge to paint each brush stroke with the bristles of my heart and strum my guitar with my soul even if my song goes unsung.
I pledge to make a mistake and learn from it as I am only human, made of flesh and bone like the rest of us. And if I find myself at the bottom of a hole it is only up to me to find the strength to climb out. And if a hole is dug by me, then I pledge to take the blame so long my hands grip the shovel. And should a hole be dug by me, I pledge to take the shame but I will dig it in my own way. I pledge that all mankind keep their families safe, sheltered, educated and informed.I pledge that as Americans leave their homes they do not forget to check the back door as some would take the opportunity to sneak in while you’re away and paint “race” on the walls of America.
I pledge to the Constitution of the United States of America and the braves lives lost in our battles. I pledge that all Americans take a long deep breathe, look up at the sky and rediscover what their freedoms means to them and make a promise to themselves and their loved ones and stick to it. I pledge that when we drive on the roads of our fathers, and those who disagree toss dirt on our windshield, that we each embrace the right to turn our wipers on in order to see the road that has always existed. I pledge to be color blind and not judge a man by the color of his skin but only by his character. I pledge to extend my hand to the man in need and ask for nothing in return, but I pledge to let him go if he torches my flag for my freedom will not be burned.
I pledge to never use propaganda for any political agenda whatsoever. It is my patriotic duty to expose the corruption that threatens the beliefs of our founding fathers for the blood that was shed at the birth of our country will not go forgotten. That includes those that like to play the act of God and assume that one mans rights are more important than another mans rights. I pledge that possession, pleasure and power make all men forget to live and it is us versus ourselves and we cant find the love to give. I pledge that all men should fully understand before they criticize.And that the facts, and only the facts be the fuel for the decisions behind their eyes. I pledge that the foundation of our true beliefs be are our very own and not an extension of the shadows of our parents existence for It only leads to an ignorant resistance.
But most importantly,I pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America.Something I have yet to see our president do.
http://www.rolyomusic.com/ipledge

2 comments: