Saturday, June 27, 2009

Is the best of the free life over now?

I feel fortunate to have been able to grow up when I did. I was born in 1963.
What is so special about that you may ask? Lets just say I witnessed the fastest growth of technology ever through the eyes of a child. I remember watching the Apollo space program and watching the first man walk on the moon. They also drove a funny car on the moon. I remember when they came out with "Big Wheels" yes I was just a hair too big to ride one of those. I also remember "Hot Wheels" race tracks. That race track that had plastic strips that it only took your mother 10 seconds to realize that this thing was better than a switch for kicking a kids ass. You lived through the seasons as they came. If you were fortunate enough to be one of those families that had a window air conditioner you were considered rich. I remember my dad bringing home our first Color TV right before the super bowl. A guy by the name of Johnny Unitas was playing for the Baltimore colts. So many things came and went so fast, Duncan yo-yos, Hula-hoops, The pocket fisherman, The first led digital watch. Television reality shows were the "Wide world of sports" and who can forget the "agony of defeat" with that poor guy crashing on the skis. A guy by the name of "Evil Knievel" who was "Extreme Sports" and "Jack Ass" without any "don't try this at home" disclaimers. Curt Gowdys "American Sportsmen" yes they actually had hunting shows on regular TV. The music of this era 60s,70s,80s when Michael Jackson was still black and had an Afro. I feel fortunate to have witnessed it all. I know now I am witnessing the enslavement of the American people. The death of capitalism and Innovation. They run commercials about new green technology. It is all smoke being blown up you know where! We had better make a stand or is it already too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment